Saturday, December 28, 2013

Resemblance

This past weekend, I went home to Tyler to visit my family.  It was too short a trip.  I was so exhausted from the long week of work, and the drive from Austin to Tyler.  It was nice and relaxing time.

Sunday morning I went into the grocery store that my dad works at and bought some stamps for my mother.  I walked in and immediately the store manager assisted me.  I told her that the store looked so nice and that I was happy to see they had torn the old one down to rebuild this brand new one.  She asked me if I had ever been inside and I told her that I had, and that my dad worked in the meat market.  Immediately, she knew that I was Eduardo Garza's son.  I smiled and told her that he was most definitely my dad.  She said he was such a nice man and I could not agree more.  I told her that he was the most kind, and generous man that I knew and that he served my mother and our family with so much love and compassion.  

Later on when I got home and my dad was off from work, he told me the store manager went back and told him that she had met his son.  My dad asked her which one she met, and she replied, "el guerrito," which means the white one in Spanish.  I guess it was obvious that we were family in how I spoke, my eyes, the way I comb my hair, the boots I wear, and the fair skin.  After this encounter I started to think how much I look like my earthly dad and it made me wonder if people ever meet me and know who my Heavenly Father is.  I wondered if when they speak with me, do I bring words of life, or the opposite.  My desire is that people meet me and they know I belong to The Lord in how I talk, how I love, how I conflict, how I work, and in essence, the way that I live my life in loving people.

I am quite honored that the lady that served me at the grocery store knew I was Eduardo's son because I know who he serves as well.  I am even more so honored when people know that I belong to Jesus.  What I have learned in my walk with The Lord is, it's not about looking good on the outside, and saying the right things, but just being real about where you are in your current state and trusting He has made all things new by sending his Son to die for your sins.

No comments:

Post a Comment