Sunday, September 30, 2012

The Word of God

I have been reading a lot in Proverbs lately and following Charles Spurgeon's thoughts on the subject.  He talks about the Word of God being the voice of God to man.

I'm sure many of you have noticed that whenever you attempt to lead someone back to the truth, they usually get offended.  I say this with confidence because I myself have been that person who has been upset or angered when someone has told me I was in the wrong or in sin.

Whenever I read the Bible, I feel like God meets me where I am through that writing.  When I'm happy, the Bible celebrates with me.  When I am down in the dumps, the word of God meets me where I am as it were somber with me.  When I need more insight or wisdom, His word speaks at a "higher capacity."  When I need him to "dumb it down" for me, he speaks at that level towards me as well.  No matter what state of mind I have been in when reading God's Word, He always meets me where I am and leads me back to the truth.

Moving a long, my next trip is to the Dominican Republic.  I will be there for 2 weeks out of the month of October.  I will be working in a town called Higuey which is 15 minutes away from the famous, Punta Cana, a famous town full of resorts and luxurious get a ways.  I must admit, I'm very excited to hang out on the beach, maybe play catch with a Dominican on the white sand, while throwing rocks into the crystal blue water.  God has been very faithful to me with work.  I was recently awarded the #1 salesman away for volume for the First Quarter of our current Fiscal Year.  I was not expecting to accomplish this, and neither were my teammates, but it was really cool to see God work that out.

Thanks for following along.  I hope this writing encourages you to see God's word more as a friend, and as intimate and show you how important it is to study Him more.  The more I read about God, the more I realize, I don't know enough about Him.  It's exciting when you read the same thing over and over again and catch something you have never caught before.

JG

No comments:

Post a Comment