Sunday, January 1, 2012

Catching up with Technology

I have recently been inspired by Technology and the reason is due to the inspiration of Steve Jobs.  I purchased his Audio Autobiography and was completely mesmerized with how innovative and driven he was.  It makes me sad that as intelligent as he was, he could never understand the magnitude of God.  He said the sad thing about the christian religion is that they base everything on faith as opposed to living like Christ.  Well, we can't be just like Christ even when the Jesus tells us in the Bible to be perfect like He is.  The truth is we need a savior and Christ is that savior.

At any rate, I purchased a MacBook Pro last Friday, now have an I-Pad, and the I-Phone.  The funny thing is in college, I operated off of a Go Phone and said I'd never make the investment to amp up my Tech Game.  Well I finally gave in and did, and am so glad to have done so.  My roommate just gave me a PBS Video on Steve Jobs called "One Last Thing," that I am going to watch tonight.

As I analyze his life and understand how Steve was wired, I look at my own abilities and see that my gifts and talents are more geared towards sales and relationships.  One of the things Steve Jobs really inspired me to strive towards is to get back in touch with my Engineering side.  One of my biggest regrets is not completing what I originally set out to do, and that was to get a degree in Construction Science.  So, I went to Half Priced Books and bought a book called, Methods Engineering Design and Measurement of Work Methods by Edward V. Krick.  I want to study Industrial Distribution as I continue to work with Independent Distributors in Latin America to grow their business pushing our products.  Currently, it's going great and I'm gaining a lot of experience.  I aspire to do my own thing in the future or take over Interstate Batteries' International Market to help make our battery line #1 throughout Central and South America.

Steve Jobs wasn't only in touch with Technology but made it a point to make his work an art.  He was very in tune with the Liberal Arts side of things.  My advice to you is that you find a way to make your profession as much of an art as Steve did with Apple.  Thanks for creating such memorable products and for changing the world the way you did, Steve!

Readers, I urge you to go out and make art in whatever it is you are passionate about!

No comments:

Post a Comment